Potted Shrimps, Toasted Crumpet, Pickled Cucumber
125g peeled brown shrimps (or peeled prawns)
125g softened salted butter
nutmeg, mace, smoked paprika
milled black pepper, smoked sea salt
bunch of fresh chives
25ml white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
- Whisk the softened butter, until light and fluffy.
- Add the peeled shrimps.
- Add a generous pinch of smoked paprika, a generous grating of nutmeg and a small pinch of mace.
- Add the grated zest and juice of half a lemon.
- Add the finely chopped chives to the butter mix.
- Add the chopped chives.
- Add the smoked sea salt and plenty of milled black pepper.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Peel the cucumber lengthways.
- Add the 25ml white wine vinegar and the 25ml cold water to the cucumber.
- Add the sugar, a pinch of sea salt and milled black pepper to the cucumber. Toss the ingredients together.
- Season the cucumber with the black pepper.
- Toast the crumpets.
- Top the warm crumpets with the potted prawns, dress with the cucumber, a lemon wedge and the pea shoots.