1lb plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
4oz caster sugar
4oz unsalted butter
150ml crème fraiche
50ml ginger beer, plus extra if needed
1 tbsp puréed steam ginger in syrup
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp mixed spice
4oz crumbled gingerbread
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, both sets of ginger, mixed spice and butter into a bowl.
- Rub the butter in until breadcrumb texture is achieved.
- Add the crème fraiche and enough ginger beer to bring to a soft dough.
- Knead on a slightly floured table top and roll out to 2cm thickness.
- Cut out circles and place on a baking tray.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with gingerbread crumb.
- Bake at 180ºC for 12-15 minutes.