500g pureed pear
125g apple juice
125g sugar mixed with 20g yellow pectin
30g balsamic vinegar
- Place pear puree and apple juice in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Whisk in the pectin sugar mix and bring back to the boil.
- Whisk in the sugar and glucose and return to the boil.
- Boil to the pectins setting point (around 107c dependent on brand) and finally deglaze with the vinegar.
- Pour into an oiled tray and allow to set at room temperature.
- Portion into cubes and roll in granulated sugar.