Serves 2 people
2 x 150g
salmon escalopes, skinned & boned
1 bunch of Norfolk asparagus
1 dessertspoon whipping cream
1 glass white wine
125g butter, cut into chunks, chilled
· Boil the trimmed asparagus spears until tender.
· Pan fry or grill the salmon escalopes.
· To make the sauce, segment the oranges, keeping some segments to one side for garnish.
· Squeeze the juice into a small saucepan.
· Add the wine to the juice and bring to the boil, boiling rapidly until the volume has reduced by half.
· Add the cream, bring to the boil.
· Add the chilled butter.
· Shake to amalgamate all the ingredients.
· Place the salmon on top of the asparagus.
· Pour on the sauce, decorating with the orange segments.