fresh thick sliced white farmhouse loaf
fresh thick sliced granary loaf
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g fresh leaf spinach
250ml single cream
3 free-range eggs
3 free-ranged egg yolks
250g Binham Blue
50g toasted chopped hazelnuts
salt, pepper and fresh thyme
- Pre heat oven to Gas Mark 5/190 C.
- Beat the butter with the picked thyme and the crushed garlic clove.
- Thickly butter the bread and remove the crusts.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, the cream and some fresh thyme.
- In a suitable ovenproof serving dish, layer the wilted spinach and the crumbled Binham Blue between the slices of bread.
- Pour over the custard, allowing the mix to soak into the bread before adding more custard.
- Sprinkle on the toasted hazelnuts and more cheese.
- Bake in a water bath for 35 minutes until the custard has just set.
- It is preferable to serve it immediately if possible. If not, simply reheat in the microwave.