Christmas Pudding Souffle
100g Christmas pudding
40g brandy custard
180g egg whites
35g caster sugar
soft butter and caster sugar for greasing
- Using upward strokes, brush the inside of the ramekins with soft butter.
- Dust completely with sugar.
- Beat the Christmas pudding until smooth.
- Mix in the brandy custard.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and slowly add the sugar.
- Gently fold the meringue into the Christmas pudding.
- Divide between the ramekins and level off the tops so they are flat.
- Run your thumb around the top edge of the ramekin to clean.
- Bake at 190ºC for 8-9 minutes.
- Serve immediately.