5 egg whites
5 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
50g ground almonds
- Whisk the egg whites until thick.
- Slowly add the sugar to form meringue.
- Add the egg yolks and mix through.
- Fold in almonds and flour through gently.
- Spread over three swiss roll tins lined with baking powder.
- Bake at 160ºC for 8 minutes.
- Whisk all together until thick and creamy.
- Heat all the ingredients in a microwave until melted.
For the buttercream:
300g ready made custard
250g soft whisked butter
honey to taste
drop of almond essence
For the ganache:
250g dark chocolate
250g milk chocolate
50g double cream
- Trim the sponges so that you have five similar sized pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of buttercream over the sponge sheets, followed by a thin layer of ganache.
- Place another sheet of sponge on top and press down.
- Repeat with the remaining sponge sheets, but leave the top layer of sponge empty.
- Chill in the fridge.
- When chilled, cut strips of cake about 6cm wide. Using a hot wet knife, cut through the strips at a 45º angle.
- Using left over ganache, spread some over one of the flat sides and sandwich the two together to make a triangle.
- Mash up the whole slice with ganache and set.
- Melt 500g milk chocolate with 100ml oil and use to glaze the slice.
- Drizzle over the melted white chocolate along the triangles peak.
- Dust with icing sugar.