400g roasted ground pecans
5 tsp ground caraway seeds
700g egg whites
900g Icing sugar
400g melted butter
- Place butter in a pan and melt. Turn up the heat and allow to boil until the bubbles subside and the mix goes light brown. Set to one side.
- Place all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl on a stand up mixer and and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the melted butter and mix till it's a fully homogenised mix.
- Pour into a shallow cake tin and place in a 180c oven for 15 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Allow to cool before portioning up.