Serves 2 people.
2 dressed Cromer crabs, brown and white meat separated
2 shallots, diced
100ml white wine
125ml double cream
100g grated mature Cheddar cheese
1 tsp Dijon mustard
50g fresh white bread crumbs
- Soften the shallots in the butter.
- Add the white wine, reduce by boiling to a glaze.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the mustard and 50g of the cheese. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the brown crab meat.
- Mix the bread crumbs, the remainder 50g of Cheddar and the white crab meat.
- To assemble, place the brown meat into a gratin dish.
- Top with the white meat.
- Place in the oven at Gas Mark 4/180C for 10 minutes.