Makes 8-10 portions (freezable)
250g caster sugar
300g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
½ tsp allspice
5 medium sized eggs
· Simmer the oranges in a pan of boiling water for 20 minutes.
· Remove the oranges from the pan and cut them into quarters, leaving the peel on.
· Place the fruit into a food processor and purée until smooth.
· Put the sugar into a bowl then add the eggs and whisk together.
· Add the ground almonds and baking powder, then whisk the mixture again.
· Beat in the allspice.
· Fold in the orange pulp.
· Line a cake tin with greased greaseproof paper.
· Spoon in the cake mix and bake at 180C/Gas Mark 4 for 45 minutes.