Makes 8 Pancakes
125g plain flour
50g plain flour
400ml chicken stock
100g diced cooked chicken
100g diced cooked ham
salt and pepper
100ml whipping cream
50g grated mature Cheddar
- Whisk the flour, egg and milk to make a batter. Strain.
- Fry the pancakes in a small heavy non-stick frying pan with a little oil, to make as thin a pancake as possible.
- Heat the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the flour, return to the heat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Bring the chicken stock up to the boil. Add the stock to the butter and flour mix, a ladle at a time, stirring continuously until you have a smooth batter. Add the cooked ham and chicken.
- Add 50ml of the cream, and bring to the boil, stirring continuously ensuring the mixture is heated through.
- Spoon into the pancakes and wrap.
- Top with the remainder of the cream and grated mature Cheddar.
- Place in the oven or grill to melt and cheese and colour.