Norfolk Home Chef of the Year
The Norfolk Home Chef of the Year 2018
Sponsored by Richard Hughes Cookery School
Open to amateur cooks across the county. Entrants to produce a two course meal, showcasing local produce or a local recipe.
Stage 1 Written Entry
Choose your main course and dessert.
Send us the title of your dish, the recipe, a brief resume, and if you wish, a few words about your menu (why you chose it, what it means to you, who you cook it for).
Entries to be submitted by 1st July
Stage 2 The Cook Off
To take place on Saturday 18th August
Selected entrants will be invited to the Richard Hughes Cookery School to cook four portions of their menu for a panel of professional judges.
You will have 2 ½ hours to prepare your menu.
You will be required to provide you own ingredients.
No prior preparation will be permitted, other than puff pastry, stocks and basic vegetable preparations.
You will be able to visit the Cookery School prior to view the facilities.
The top three finalists will be invited to the Norfolk Food and Drink Awards on Monday 10th September, where the winner will be announced
Rules of the Competition
1. Entrants must reside in the county of Norfolk.
2. Entrants must not be employed in a professional kitchen.
3. Entrants must not hold any professional cookery qualifications.
4. Entrants must not be employed by Assembly House, Norwich or any of the associated businesses.
5. The judges’ decision will be final.
To enter, visit